• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leafs saggin...

Stonycar

NAXJA Forum User
Hey! Ok I have a 99 xj and my rear leafs are saggin... I had the idea to put 1.5" teraflex shackles to level it a little bit and as a start to a future bigger lift. So my question is: Is it a good idea to install shackles to level myjeep or should i do somethin else?? I know it may require some exhaust mod with the shackles in the rear so if you guys have some pic of what youve done with that it would be really appreciated :) Thx a lot

In general it's not a good idea to use longer shackles on a saggin rear because your leaves will sag even more. But I would say it's OK when it's just for short term use.

When the exhaust pipe hits the shackle...just cut it off

...the pipe not the shackle :laugh3:

time for new springs, or a "new used" home brew pack. search for dakota spring pack if your on a budget. other than that id go RE if your staying around 5". alcan/national if you want your junk up there.

scott knows about getting lifted! now to get that new pack on there!

jp

Back