• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 Rebuild

xjguy98

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,

I'm in the middle of pulling apart my AX15 to rebuild it and I've come to a point where I need some help. I'm following the FSM instructions for disassembly and have managed to get as far as removing the adapter housing from the intermediate plate. I removed the front bearing retainer and the two snap rings on the cluster gear and the front input shaft. The problem I've run into is I can only separate the front half from the intermediate plate by about 1/4" before it stops moving. I tried changing gears to see if it would make a difference but no change. The book makes it seem like the front half should just slide off but it looks like the cluster gear bearing and the input shaft bearing both have lips on the very front preventing the case from sliding off. Has anyone else had this problem or have a different solution?

Back