• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a/c help needed

Stephen

NAXJA Forum User
High side 275psi low side 55 psi only put's out 55degree air at 90 degree outside. 98 xj with 134a

Please help

Stephen

According to the chart that comes with the Interdynamics R-134 recharge kit that comes with a real gauge (not the one that looks like a cheap tire gauge) it shows normal charge as measured on the low side to be 25 to 45 PSI. You may be overcharged, or there is some other underlying problem.

FWIW, I accidentally overcharged my R12 system that I recently converted to R-134 and it didn't blow cool air. Incidentally it's in the 90's here in FL. and after I did my conversion (and finally got the pressure right) I get 49* air out the center register sitting still at idle, gets colder when moving.

I usually have a digital thermometer with a remote sensor in the car and I charge only until I get max-cooling on the thermometer. Everytime I check the pressure after that it's always within limits.

HTH,

Mark

Last edited:
Back