• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fixing headliner

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys just got a new jeep its a 96 so the interior is a little beat up...

i plan on getting new seat covers and mabybe carpet

but i was wondering what is the best way to fix sagging headliner

its not too bad its only sagging in a few spots (corners)

i was thinking just using some spray adhesive

any suggestions or solutions

thanks in advance...

cas

do a search for "headliners" on this site, you will find more than enough info on how to redo your headliner. YOu say that it is starting to droop in the corners, this is just a start as to the whole thing coming down. Use a few straight pins to hold up the headliner if it bothers you but be assurred the rest of it will begin to fall.

Aaron

I wouldnt f- with it until it comes down more. Its a PITA. When you do it dont use 3m super 77, find something stronger.

I've tried gluing them before and all it does is make them stiff. I replaced mine in my 89XJ about 2 years ago and it still looks great, no sagging. Got mine from www.jcwhitney.com It is the kit with the metal bows like the old-school cars used and matches the original color.

cassio said:
wouldnt some spray adhesive work??

No!The fabric has a foam pad backing and the foam is deteroiating and there's no way to "fix" it. Just find a link as mentioned, brush all the foam off the shell and put a new one on. No more then 2 hours work, $30 and very rewarding.

JoBo

Back