• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dual tailpipes....

XJ_Jeeper01

NAXJA Forum User
do they really make a difference in performance and loudness? ive done some searching and have'nt really come up with an answer. just wondering if its a waste of time or if it really makes a difference.
thanks,
-Matt

it made a differance on my 5.0 mustang.

it makes a differance on my 350hp CJ.

it even made a differance on my 64 olds when I put the 425 in it.

it won't make a differance on a 4.0 ltr. heep motor. besides, it could never be true duals anyhow, unless you had a custom header made to split the six exhaust ports, and then, which three would you group together.

don't do it, it's gay. :rainbow:

It is a good way to heat up the gas tank from both sides. Bring that baby to a boil nearly twice as fast.

:sunshine:

Bent said:
It is a good way to heat up the gas tank from both sides. Bring that baby to a boil nearly twice as fast.

:sunshine:

Bah, it wont do that, hardly any exhaust fumes will come out of that driverside pipe.

When you have a single in dual out, the exhaust takes the path of least resistance.

Id never put a dual system on my XJ, just because I dont need more crap catching on rocks, plus, it already weighs like 4900 lbs, i need to spare weight where I can. :D

If I had a DD XJ that didnt see hard trails, Id do it. :D

Yes... I love my exhaust setup... 40 series flowmaster, center in, duel out, all custom bent piping, email me for pics [email protected]

the sound I got is really throaty and low end especially when hovering at 1500RMP

It was worth getting this done to my car, I can feel the HP increase and mileage is a bit better

hjeepxj said:
Lies! :laugh3:

May be true, doesn't a thinner wallet = more HP feel?

learjets said:
May be true, doesn't a thinner wallet = more HP feel?
yup... as does this

badgtetyper.JPG

Back