• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ Cruise Control in an XJ

trippe

NAXJA Forum User
i was looking on jeepsareus.com today at parts and saw that they have tj and xj cc kits for 97-98. the tj kits were 60 bucks cheaper than the xj kits. my question is will a cc kit specified for a 98 tj work in a 97 xj. the interior components are the same as far as i can see and i don't think chrysler would make two proprietary kits for what appears to be two identical applications. what do you guys think?

its worth a shot. i wish jeepareus had different pics of kits but they use the same one for both. does anyone know of a place where i could look up mopar part numbers online?

Not 100% positive that this will work but I would bet that it will.The cruise servo under the hood and the cruise cable should work and most jeeps already have the wiring in place for cruise servo(my 99'SE/xj did).The Tj and xj use the same funtion buttons on the steering wheel and I am assuming that the clockspring in the column is the same>This is what I am not for sure about.I have found out that ZJ and XJ clocksprings are way different.I bought a column from a ZJ to get the leather wheel for my 99'XJ and was hoping the clockspg would work but it was to big to fit xj column.I have the servo from a 97' xj in my jeep and the 96'zj cruise buttons in the wheel and all I lack to have working cruise is the right cspring.My friend has a 99' TJ that he is deleting his cruise on and I am going to get his cspring for mine when I can get him to switch with me.Then I could give you a definite answer.

thanks a lot. that would be really helpful when you find out. i've found pictures of 98 tj interiors that have the exact same steering wheel setup as my 97 xj, so i am assuming that everything matches up.

Back