• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slight trimming, keeping the flares.

Roodki

NAXJA Forum User
I need to trim. I have 31" BFG AT's on a 3" Rusty's AAL and they rub pretty bad when flexing. I want to keep my flares though.

How could I do this? Anyone have any pictures?

Thanks.

Sounds like you may need to add in more bumpstop instead. That's what I will be doing to mine very soon. I too have about a 3" lift with 31" tires. They rub at full compression so much that the the wheel that's bottomed out won't turn! I did trim off the front spoiler and trimmed the bottoms of the flares, but just a bit though. Look into it, hope this helps.
Regards, Tony.

i also have 3" and 31s and with out sway bars front and rear mine used to rub really really bad too.....on the front i removed the flare, trimmed the metal, and remounted the flare higher up. its all the way to the 'crease or fold' in the fender...

in the rear i cut the flare even with where the 'ridge' is on the door and then cut relief cuts and folded over the metal beneith the flare.....gained about 2-3 inches or so on each side of the tire

now front and rear i barely rub, all i need now is a little more bumpstop.

I trimmed the sheetmetal and kept the flares. The long end, if you look at them from the side, was cut to match the short end. Then, I cut the opening of the flare along the mold line, found on the back-side. I then 3M taped them higher up on the sheetmetal. I taped them because I didn't want to drill holes, plus when they get ripped off I can put them back on.

106285151.jpg

103944921.jpg

Wolz said:
I trimmed the sheetmetal and kept the flares. The long end, if you look at them from the side, was cut to match the short end. Then, I cut the opening of the flare along the mold line, found on the back-side. I then 3M taped them higher up on the sheetmetal. I taped them because I didn't want to drill holes, plus when they get ripped off I can put them back on.

That turned out really good.

Back