• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

e-brake ?

afd516

NAXJA Forum User
I am starting a thread in the modified becase my xj is modified and 90% trail 10% road. It has a f 9'' and dana 44 w/ 5.13 gears, locked front, spooled rear.

My e- brake cables are bad and I was wondering, of those of you who built or use your rigs, or use them similarly, do you have a working e- brake?

Is it really that useful on the trail? Give me your thoughts. Thanks in advance, Sam

I remember a trip to Moab when I went out to do a senic run with my kids and wife

Mind you it was a senic run a 2 rating tops
I was runnin lockers front and rear..

So were playin around and flex the crap outta my front for a poser pic..snap goes the front brake line

dang no spare and couldnt find my vice grips..

here we are at the top of a LARGE HILL
say 200yds + at a decline of 30 deg had to ride the E brake the whole way down
and then back into town

My arms were sore for two days from pulllin that brake up (the locking latch broke from tension)

I would have had to wait for someone with a brake line and fluid or walk back)

saved my whole day havin my E brake work

FYI MY D44 E brakes hooked up tothe stock cables no probmm

Last edited:
E-brake can help with descents in the soft stuff when steering is mushy so that your vehicle stays pointed downhill. Try it on piles of gravel for you nay-sayers.

edit: wasn't 4 Lo and 1st gear good enough for a descent?

Back