• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear wiper switch broken

BudTX

NAXJA Forum User
My son noticed that the rear window wiper switch in in the 2001 XJ is broken. It was just hanging loosely down until I started trying to move it around, and now it is pushed back and loose in the faceplate/dash/console.

I can't find any screws to remove the faceplate where the switch is mounted. Does anyone know how to get to this switch?

Thanks,

Bud

Remove escutcheon that surrounds the center part of the dash (from the AC vents down to the console). this is done by pulling straight away from the dash, starting at the bottom.

Once the escutcheon is off, the screws that hold the panel containing the switch are obvious. Remove those screws, and then remove the switch from the panel, working from the back side of the panel.

Is the switch totally knocked out?

My rear wiper switch is still affixed, but the spring for the washer must have popped out. I depress the switch all the way and the washer will spray till the tank is empty of you don't lift back to the 'on' position.

Back