• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

General Grabber AT2

MSHarnett

NAXJA Forum User
General Grabber AT2

What do you guys think of these tires. The price is right, but are they going to be a wasted investment? These are pretty much just going to be pavement pounders, and I need them in the 285/75/16 flavor. At just over 100 bucks, they seem too good to be true. Anyone have these?

Looks like they might be decent for road/snow tires. I had some Grabber AT's several years ago and was pleased with the service life and traction, but who knows nowadays.

MSHarnett said:
General Grabber AT2

What do you guys think of these tires. The price is right, but are they going to be a wasted investment? These are pretty much just going to be pavement pounders, and I need them in the 285/75/16 flavor. At just over 100 bucks, they seem too good to be true. Anyone have these?
I used to buy General's at Sam's club all the time and I liked them.

I have a set of Grabber AT's on an Explorer that the wife drives. They are decent tires and give good wear mileage. When they get about 1/2 worn out, they tend to make a little road noise, but that's not too bad. Good tire for the price.

I've been waiting to see if they'd ever popped up here. I really like the looks of them, and they seem to be pretty popular with Land Rover guys. Unfortunately, I have to wait now because I picked up 235 BFG ATs about a year ago and they're wearing really well. I also wouldn't necessarily compare them to the regular General ATs. These seem to be much different.

I got that same size on my Tahoe. Bought them a year ago in December. I wanted to BFG's but the AT2 tire almost looked identical to the BFG at a much lower price. They wear really well from what I've seen. You won't be disappointed.

Back