• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm in the dark....HELP!

CJHVN

NAXJA Forum User
Wife drove the 92 XJ today. For some reason, when she left the driveway the lights came on and wouldn't shut off. Drained the battery sitting outside her job today. Jump the Jeep to get it going again, and now I have no headlights at all! Using the switch, the parking lights work, turn signals work, dome light works, but no headlights.....

Any thoughts?? Bad switch? Fuse? Wiring?

Is the headlight relay in the PDC or the interior fuse panel? Where's the headlight delay box?

Since the switch will turn on the parking lights and interior lights, can I rule out the switch?

Ok, now my low beams "mysteriously" work again....should I just wait until they go out again and start another thread or do you think I should find the problem and fix it? (I prefer the latter...)

I don't think my 92 has daytime running lights Lou, but thanks for the link...

Any ideas? Switch? Wiring? Relay? Fuse?

For them to come on by themselves(after the vehicle started moving), more than likely it would have to be the DRL module, Sentinel module, or the headlight switch. Could always be something else but.....

I don't believe the 92s have a separate relay for the headlights. It all goes through the headlight switch. The headlight switch does have a built-in thermal breaker which might explain why it didn't work and now does.

Could be wiring--you'll have to start poking around, and maybe tugging on some wires.

:repair:

OK, I don't know what to tell you about WHY they started working, but they work. They didn't just "come on" while driving down the road. One night they didn't work when I turned them on...the next night they worked fine. I can't explain it. But I'm fairly sure it's a wiring problem, short, or ground problem.

I can't see how it would be the DRL module since I don't have daytime running lights....

Back