• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 question

Jeep839

NAXJA Forum User
so i have a good for nothing d35 in the rear of my 90 xj np242 aw4 and i was wondering how much motion should be in the yoke if both wheels are on the ground. i am trying to track down a clicking noise. and i think that it might be coming from here. when i took my driveshaft off the yoke to inspect this i can turn my the yoke about a 1/2 inch in either direction is this ok? def want to get rid of the d35 and get a d44 but really don't have the money

Jeep839 said:
so i have a good for nothing d35 in the rear of my 90 xj np242 aw4 and i was wondering how much motion should be in the yoke if both wheels are on the ground. i am trying to track down a clicking noise. and i think that it might be coming from here. when i took my driveshaft off the yoke to inspect this i can turn my the yoke about a 1/2 inch in either direction is this ok? def want to get rid of the d35 and get a d44 but really don't have the money
Could be a problem, that 1/2 is a little lose but it's not the noise though I wouldn't think.

Back