• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires Rub after rotating

XJMK

aka boredchimp
I recently rotated my tires and now the drivers side front tire rubs on the bottom of the flare. Never had a problem rubbing there before rotating. Whats weirder is the passenger side has nearly 2" of clearance. Any ideas?

Its a 98 xj with 3" Rustys full leaf lift and 31" tires. I'll try and get pics up tomorrow.

You sure that's all? It sounds like the trackbar isn't centered, but if you're positive that the wheels were fine before rotating them, I'd wonder whether the rims themselves all have the same backspace and width...

GetThumb;jsessionid=0A68ACF520BB5446E9F5E875D84CADDA

drivers side

drivers side

passenger side

does this help you help me?

Well if you are sure it was fine before you rotated, then it has to be the tire/wheel. Is one tire newer than the other (deeper tread)?, bent wheel, backspacing the same?

The tires are all the same. I got the rims and tires with the lift. I don't think its because the rim might be bent because it will rub constantly. I guess I could measure where the hub is in relation to the fenders, to see if the axle is crooked. But the only way I figure it could get crooked is if the control arms were bent or sumthing like that.

So I looked at the rims and now its obvious that one is different. From rough estimating it looks to be 3/4" to full inch off. Now everything makes sense. No wonder I thought the axle was off center when that tire was on the rear. Thanks guys, I'll have to get a hold of Rustys and see what they can do.

Back