• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Problems

Cruzin Illusion

NAXJA Forum User
On the way back from the trail today I had a problem with keeping my rig running at one point. The Cherokee started smelling like fuel and after a little why it quit running. We pulled over I looked for a fuel leak I could not see any. The pressure in the tank was so great you could hear it coming out the gas cap. I would shut the key off and turn it back on and I could here the fuel pump pressurizing the fuel system. I tried starting it, it would barly run then quit. After four or five minutes it start with no problems and I proceeded the next 60 miles home. Almost home at the turn off I stoped at the light and it quit again. I got out and this time there was pressurization leak coming from the gas cap, but I did notice that there was drops of fuel coming from the drain on the black canaster located on the passenger side under the hood. I got back in the Jeep and it started up again only after three minutes and I made it home. I have never had this problem or ran accross this type of problem before. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Back