• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to trim leaving flares on? Anyone have any pics?

Roodki

NAXJA Forum User
I just put on a 3" Rusty's AAL and 31x10.50 BFG AT's. They rub, both front and back, when flexing. I just need to trim the front and rear bumper cap things slightly, and I think it'll clear. Anyone have any pictures of this, or tips on how I should go about it? I don't want to just dive in and start cutting and screw something up or make it looks dumb.

Thanks.

Hey... search around, there are a lot of articles, tips, etc. out there about this. Here's what I did: http://myweb.cableone.net/norcal/Trimming/trim.htm

I removed the flares, trimmed up the wheel well line (go as far as you need to) and replaced the flares. Be careful on the rears to leave the pinch welds and stock flare mounting holes. I'd use a cutting disc since it leaves the cleanest lines - you can finish up w/ a grinder to clean it up if necessary. Repaint so there's no rust and be sure to properly bumpstop the front and rear.

Good luck...

DR

Back