• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Towing atv

540ismiley

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone tow any atvs with thier xj's I am looking to get a trailer and start doing this. i do need to go up in the mountains. I just don't want to be iun the slow lane :)
thanks

I tow a Honda 400 behind mine, with no problems. I think it'll do fine. I have the 4.0 motor though.

Technically you should be in the slow lane towing a trailer. :)

I have a 6' by 10' tilt bed trailer that I usually haul 3 atv's on. My XJ has stock gears w/ 31-10.5 BFG's. You will slow down on the hills. I just shift into (3) on the AT and let it do it's thing. It will normally tach at 3000 for most climbs. Get a tranny cooler if you don't already. If you havn't bought your trailer yet, investigate aluminum trailers. I don't recomend tilt bed trailers! Their axles are to far forward which requires more weight up front to keep it tracking nice. If you don't , you will expereince the "Death Swerve". You will poop your pants!

That is great to hear. So I need a tranny cooler? A aluminum trailer too huh? Any trailers that would work well for Work (i am a electrician) and towing the atv's? thanks for the help everyone. Anger1 how do you like your Sportsman 500? Thinking about getting one of those. I live in the Rocky Mountain area. what type of riding do u all do?

Back