• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front End Hitch

Andrew

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1994 XJ country and I just purchased a front end hitch(downsized). What does this downsized part mean? Like will it still fit on my jeep? I dont mean what does the word downsize mean I am refering to the relationship to a regular hitch?

I believe it's referring to the vehicle itself...meaning you don't have the older full size Cherokee, but a "downsize" XJ.

prb x2 - 'downsize' refers to the vehicle, not hitch. I recently ordered a rear hitch from them.

I purchased a Class III front hitch for my XJ. Think it was a Hidden Hitch. It bolted on fine except that I had to cut the plastic faring at the bottom of the front of the vehicle to let the hitch stick through. I also had to substantially cut my front steering armor (a sloping plate - think it was a factory option). Installed this on my '88 and after it rolled on my '92.

Back