• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with dana 30 cross pin

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
is there a difference between the cross pins in the two different dana 30 carriers? im regearing to 3.73's now so obvouslly i have the 4.10+(numerically) carrier, i just put my lockright back together and i noticed teh cross pin is really hard to get in...i tapped it with a hammer and it went about half way and got stuck...please tell me there isnt a different crosspin i need to get

Last edited:
why not use the cross shaft from the other (3.73 and numericaly down) carrier in the aussie?

It's the same pin...it should go in unless it is messed up a little from removing it...I recall mine being very hard to get in. So no real worries, just keep at it.

_nicko_

If it's anything like the No-Slip, there are springs that the cross pin has to pass through. You have to twist and push gently at the same time. It helps to put the rolled pin into the hole to use as a handle. Don't tap hard with a hammer - you'll mess up the springs.

But if the Lock-right has no springs, totally disregard. :laugh3:

my lock right did that everytime I put it together. but after I regeared I had to remove the C-clip on the passenger side inside axel shaft and put the carrier in already assembled. You then slide the inner axel in and then the outer one then the drivers side. I havent had any problems and my buddy at the local gear shop said he does it all the time. But that was due to the larger ring gear. I couldnt get the pin in with the ring gear on. Not sure if that's your problem but if it's just binding up keep trying and it will eventually slide threw. use something to pry appart the two little cups in the middle while you put the pin in.

Back