• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stereo/FM/CD Problem

brainplunge

NAXJA Forum User
On my 96xj my stereo has quit on me.

I'm not getting any voltage from the ACC wire. I've checked continuity on all the fuses in the fuse box. Could this be a fuse somewhere, that i'm missing? When it quit on me it sound like a fuse going out. I've checked if there is a fuse in the back of the stereo, but there is only one on the BATT wire, and it checks good.

It's been a couple months of silence and I'm taking a 500mi trip soon, and didn't want to sit in silence all that way.

If anyone can help I would be most greatful!

Well here is an update on this situation, in case someone else has a problem similar to this:

Last night I had an idea that if I run a wire from the acc on the fuse box, I would get the same results. So sure enough after I ran a new acc wire, my radio worked. (I know sounds amazingly simple, well it took me about 4 months to figure this out and get it done... partly procrastination partly being just a plain n00b)

this was kind of a hack because I didn't diagnose why the original acc wire didn't give me any voltage.

Anyway I'm happy now because I''m not going to have to listen to just my muffler and tires roar for this weekends 1200mi round trip.

Yay for me.... (Now I'll quit talking to my self and answering back. :D)

Back