• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front hub assembly

Remove the hub nut on the axle half-shaft. Remove the caliper and brake disc.

With appropriate persuasion, slide the hub out of the knuckle. Do a search for some details.

You might have to put the wheel back on to get the big nut started without the hub turning on you. I rented a puller from autozone and didn't end up using it. After the three bolts were removed, I hit the edge of the hub with bfg a couple of times and it came right out. Make sure you torque that big nut back to the recommened lbs.

you'll more than likely need an impact wrench to get the big nut off..and make sure you put everything that comes off behind that nut back on! i've found it really helps to tap on the top part of the hub assembly where it meets the axle (NOT the part witht he lug bolts on it, you'll wreck your bearings) tap it so it starts to spin almost like you are unscrewing it (it's not threaded but once you get it to move some you can usually get a pry behind it. This way you don't have to worry about destroying your bearings..those hubs cost about $140.

haha, yeah, we used all the above methods, puller, everything to get the hub off my buddys yj, didnt work, so we chained it to my jeep, and yanked it off...took like 5 yanks too

tealcherokee said:
haha, yeah, we used all the above methods, puller, everything to get the hub off my buddys yj, didnt work, so we chained it to my jeep, and yanked it off...took like 5 yanks too

Redneck bearing removal tool???

Back