• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A different kind of 8.8 rearend question

JaysXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I know some people swap out the rears for a 8.8 out of an explorer because there stronger and they have leaf springs. I've got a Ford Thunderbird that I (was) going to fix up a little. Got no room or time for it now. So I now have this extra 8.8 rear end with control arms and coil springs. Can this be modified to fit under a XJ? Lob off the control arm brackets and such. I don't need it. I've got a 87' 2-door with factory D44 already.

Anybody need a 8.8 rearend?

might be too narrow

measure it wms wms and the inside of the backing plates...

Jeepkid8037 said:
x2. Also probably has drum brakes?

It has disks. Its out of an 87' Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. I paid $150 from a local junk yard. Its got 3.55 gears and limited slip.

Guess I'll have to bite this one. Out with the trash it goes...

fryed_1 said:
I'd donate it or something. One of the high schools would probably take it and you can at least write it off for full value then.

Wow, Didn't think about that. You know, I'm going to do just that. I'm going to donate it to a local high school. Thanks for the idea. I feel good. <smile>

or find a t-bird forum and put it up for sale there...

or on pirate - might be able to talk some poor sucker into buying it....

Back