• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dunlop Mud Rover sizes

It varies between brands, that's why it's good to check the mfg. specs as you have done.

If you are going to do any serious wheeling do not get Mud Rovers. They have really thin sidewalls. I have punctured 2 in the last 8 months. 1 was 2 weeks after i got them. Yeah they are cheap with a tired tread pattern. They do well on rocks and ledges when i set them to 10 psi. But they hate stumps and roots i have to avoid mud holes i'm scared to wheel with them now. Just speeking from experience.

BingBing said:
If you are going to do any serious wheeling do not get Mud Rovers. They have really thin sidewalls. I have punctured 2 in the last 8 months. 1 was 2 weeks after i got them. Yeah they are cheap with a tired tread pattern. They do well on rocks and ledges when i set them to 10 psi. But they hate stumps and roots i have to avoid mud holes i'm scared to wheel with them now. Just speeking from experience.

I've been wheeling a set two years now. Not a single problem. Here in the Rockless midwest, I can wheel circles around people with MTR's

I never had a problem with mud rovers, and I do serious wheeling. The complaints from blingbling are things that can be avoided. Tree stumps are almost always visible, and if you're not cautious of what's in front of you, it's always possible to puncture any tire. 10 psi is about enough for those tires anyways, and if you warm them up, they'll grip great.

Rocks and roots are not visible in mud holes. Things can't allways be prevented. Maybe the 2 I popped were weak. The tires do work well most of the time. I'm simply stating don't go cheap that was my mistake.

The sad part is that 30.8 is actually one of the taller 31's available. Most are actually less than that. I've seen some that are only 30.2 or 3.
Timbo

w_howey said:
I've been wheeling a set two years now. Not a single problem. Here in the Rockless midwest, I can wheel circles around people with MTR's

I should have added. Yes, they run slightly smaller than the stated sizes.

Maybe just an added note and kinda off topic.

But if you decide those are the tires you want....look at you local Discount TIre dealer, they carry a off brand called Durango. I got 33 inch MTs for $525 out the door (mounted, balanced, taxes) and with the "hazard" coverage. I had to negotiate a little bit but the sales rep said they are made by Dunlop and are the same tire.

I thought it wasnt a bad deal after going to several shops and getting quoted over $700 (out the door) for ProComps, BFGs, and Generals.

Hope this helps!

I went with the Dick Cepek FCII in 31" and they are actually 31" in diameter. It's kind of a compromise between a mud terrain and all terrain. Not nearly as loud on the road as most MT's. Excellent on road ride, but I haven't had a chance to really test them off road yet.

I wore out a set of 35" dunlop mud rovers on my truck in less than 15k miles. They rode horribly too. The new Wild Country TXRs I have on it now ride a little better but are horrible in the mud. I've gotten over 30K on them with a little less than 50% tread remaining. The mud rovers did pretty good in the dirt though, they were on it when it was used in tractor pulls.

Back