• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

key wont come out!

suthernoutlaw

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 91 laredo, and the key wont turn all the way off. im pretty sure its not the key switch itself but something in the column. it would help if anyone knows what causes this. is there something in the column that the switch pushes in or pulls when u turn it off. cranks it fine too, just dont like leaving my key in the ignition.

Well, I finally got tired of that in my 88 about six weeks ago, and replaced the electrical switch down below.

The key cylinder runs an operating rod down the column to the electrical part of the switch - if the electrical switch is sticking, it will cause the cylinder to stick, and replacing the electrical switch should free up the cylinder.

5-90

Same thing happened to me years ago in my s-10. had to disconnect the battery for a few days. Told my dad and he took it to a lock smith. He replaced the tumbler in the ignition. hope it helps.

Back