• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35 swap to D44

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
I am swapping a D35 for a D44. I have a 90 XJ. the 90 XJ has antilock brakes. and the 87 that im pulling the d44 off of doesnt... there are another set of what look like brake lines going to each brake drum on the D35.... What do I do with these lines when i put the D44 on?

Its Jacked up in the garage right now and Im going to get another service maunal... i cant find my other one...

any answers?
ken

It is looking like I just need to Not connect the lines to the D44... but i wanted to verify that...

Is there a way to remove the antilock system all together?

ken

Looks like you're in the process of losing the antilock...just keep removing those parts.

You are doing exactly what I did on my 91. Swapped the ABS-D35 for a D44 and same time swapped in a Master Cylinder / Booster / Prop Valve and brake pedal from a 95/96. With the prop valve, I just cut it out of the donor (rather than leave the other half of the fittings) and I reused everything, just bent and reflared my existing lines and didn't have to buy a single fitting.

The ABS sensor lines will unplug from the brake computer under the rear seat and drop right out withthe axle. I was a little worried when I started but, it was pretty simple and a significant improvement in stopping power. No regrets and no more WWRRRRTTT noises. ..

Back