• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just looking for opinions on a locker...

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
like the title says Im looking for opinions on a locker....a guy had a gearless detroit locker for a Dana 30 for $150, It's used but In good working condition...sound like a good deal, any Info on the locker Itself from those who have ran It?

I'm looking for a locker for the D30 cause I wanna have a somewhat smooth ride on the road when In 2WD but have the traction on the trail in 4WD

I got one reply by Pm that said something along the lines of "It was the best locker ever bought and worth every dollar spent, If he still had a D30 It'd be the first locker he'd put in It" anyone else? Hows the $150 price sound?

You do realize that that locker (a full detroit) will require you to have your gears reinstalled and will take your total price to $350-400.

96XJCLASSIC said:
You do realize that that locker (a full detroit) will require you to have your gears reinstalled and will take your total price to $350-400.

Wrong! The detroit gearless is a lunchbox locker.

I thought It was a lunchbox, If It was a full detroit I guess 150 would be a steal....anyway I know a guy who will do It next to nothing, pry a 12 pack, so Im not really concearned on Install, and yes he knows what hes doin....

I replaced a Lockright which worked fine, but had the usual clicks and pops, with a Detroit gearless locker. It was much smoother than the Lockright, for TWO weeks, which is approximately how long it lasted before it grenaded and took out a brand new gearset, carrier and fresh brgs. Detroit paid the bill for all my wasted parts, and informed me they were discontinuing that locker for truck apps. I notice now they sell it for ATV's which they may work great in. Do yourself a favor and just get a Lockright or similar gear type auto locker. I also run a Lockright in the frt. and in 2wd, there is no driveablility issues.

I thought the detroit lunchbox was called the EZ-locker. But in any case, If it is a lunchbox locker go for it. I installed my Lockrite in my 30 in about an hour +/-.

Re: Aussie Locker or Detroit Gearless

I have the option of either locker for 150 which is best for the D30 with 3.55's?

Re: Aussie Locker or Detroit Gearless

XJ99 said:
I have the option of either locker for 150 which is best for the D30 with 3.55's?

Either? What 2?

Back