• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No rear driveshaft...

WobblesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
How safe is it to run in just front wheel drive? I'm going to 4.5" of lift and doing an sye. I'll have to order the rear shaft but the heep is my daily driver. Is it ok to run in 4wd with the rear shaft removed? I don't see why it should be problem.

Thanks

As long as you have done the SYE install and it is full of fluid there should be no problems.

Michael

It will drive pretty squirrely and if you have a locker, make sure it isn't engaged.

If you've already done the SYE, why not just move the front DS to the rear. Shouldn't be a problem. Takes less than 10 minutes to unbolt then bolt to the rear.

I bought a JY front XJ DS, rebuilt it and rebuilt my old front. If, I say if 'cause I used Spicer U joints, I should break either, I'm fully swappable.

rstarch345 said:
If you've already done the SYE, why not just move the front DS to the rear. Shouldn't be a problem. Takes less than 10 minutes to unbolt then bolt to the rear.

I bought a JY front XJ DS, rebuilt it and rebuilt my old front. If, I say if 'cause I used Spicer U joints, I should break either, I'm fully swappable.

Ive considered this but been told the front will be too short with the D35 rear. I plan on trying it but I need a backup plan if it doesn't work.

Thanks for all the replies, it soothes my mind a bit knowing I have an option.

Back