• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new truck stalling, please read this one!

hammerheadxj

NAXJA Forum User
i stepped in %$#@ right?? i own a 96 xj sport and believe me u guys have been great through the years w/ all the problems as few as they were! mine has a 3 in lift and yokohama muds, basic stuff yet usefull, anyways,,, i bought a same year 96 xj sport,,for atleast parts!,,, real clean, 112 k stock as hell,,,,has a stalling problem, i mean starts right up and runs for 10 minutes the n stalls,, then run the key for 2 minutes and it restarts,,,,, a garage told the guy it was the head gasket and dont even waste $$$ on it?? sold it to me for $300, wow,,,, book is over $3000,,,,,, so i want to drive it! it also overheats! head gasket?? he relpaced the fuel filter, new crank sensor,thermosthat,exhaust, everyting except for fuel pump?? also has had computer problems, he replaced the computer,, he tried everything! doesnt blow any smoke @ all sounds great i dont get it!!

stalling could be o2 sensor. dunno could give it a shot. think about a radiator and water pump for overheating oh yeah make sure no air in the system

hammerheadxj said:
not the head gasket? no water in the oil and no exhaust color a tall!
If you have a high pressure head gasket leak, water will not leak into the oil, but compression gases will leak into the water passages forcing whater out. Haveing the radiator sniffed will show that.

Back