• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32's (31.5 actual) on a 3" lift? Anyone have info or pics?

Roodki

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I may go with this setup. Anyone have any pics of it? How much trimming was needed? Do they rub lots without trimming?

And the tires I want are really only 31.5's.

Thanks.

Roodki said:
Well, I may go with this setup. Anyone have any pics of it? How much trimming was needed? Do they rub lots without trimming?

And the tires I want are really only 31.5's.

Thanks.
If you want decent ride quality, they are actually gonna sit around 30.5, give or take 'cuz of PSI. 31.5 is the max PSI diameter.

I run 31's and they are rated for 30.7 OD. They actually only sit right at 29" due to lower PSIs for street/trail use.

Hope that'll help... You shouldn't have much trouble running 32's with a 3", although you may rub slightly depending on width.

Brand of lift and wheel backspacing play a key roll in this set up. I've done a few XJ's with the RE 3.5" standard kit and 32" BFG AT KO's on 15x8" factory Canyon TJ wheels and they fit perfectly. Guys usually end up with a little bit of a shackle lift to level out the rear, but other than that its smooth sailing. This is with little to trimming. If you're not scared to trim, then sky's the limit! HTH

MIke

I'm not afraid to do a little trimming. I do want to keep my flares and keep it looking nice though.

I have 15x7 rims with 4 inches of backspacing. The tires are 32x11.5 Kumho's, and tire rack say's they are 31.5" tall.

Thanks.

Roodki said:
I'm not afraid to do a little trimming. I do want to keep my flares and keep it looking nice though.

I have 15x7 rims with 4 inches of backspacing. The tires are 32x11.5 Kumho's, and tire rack say's they are 31.5" tall.

Thanks.
You can always move your flares up after you trim. Not too difficult, and keeps it looking good.

31.5" tall molded, but I'm pretty sure under weight and a good PSI, it'll sit lower.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

PSI has nothing to do with what size tires you want to run when your talking about clearance. Lower pressure only shortens the bottom half of the tire.

Also...I have a 3" lift with 32" MTR's and alot of PLASTIC trimming and hammering on the corners, they rub plenty if you hit ANY dips with the wheels turned. But as somebody said...The brand of lift can affect that.

Back