• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No place for Vacuum lines

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Vacuum lines for front diff

My previous owner tried to convert to an auto, and the autos Tcase had vacuum lines going to it. the transfercase now doesnt have them, and I have 4 vacuum lines sitting there with no where to go. So my CAD doesnt work.

I dont have any ideas where to route these lines or what to do with them. I can seem to find diagrams anywhere (I have a chilton manual. JUNK)

Any suggestions? Pics? A diagram?

1990 Jeep Comanche, 4.0, AX15, NP231

Re: Vacuum lines for front diff

A picture is worth a thousand words....

mini_DSC00101.sized.jpg

The four vacuum lines that used to goto the transfercase when the auto was in my truck, now have nowhere to go. Both were the NP231. What should I do now? Was thinking of going posilock, but still kinda want it to be stock.

There is nowhere on the Xfercase to plug them in. So I assume my 92 transfer is different than my 1990 trucks configuration.

1990 comanche, 4.0, ax-15, np231

You can swap in the shift fork and the tail cone housing from the early NP231 and get the vacuum switch back.

Re: Vacuum lines for front diff

summitlt said:
If mine wasnt a DD, id be all over that.

Why do people trip so much over this mod. As long as you DO NOT have a 242 w/ an auto locker up front you'll be totally OK locking the shift fork.

All this does is make the axle just like every other D30...There is nothing special done to all the D30s that were put in after 90 when they went away from the disco axle. They just did away with that crapy valve. This is the most simple way to permently fix a problem that should never have been one....

Didnt know the newer ones did that. But if I lock it the driveshaft will constantly turn. Im sure its no big deal.

Back