• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will these tow hooks fit?

Camshaft

NAXJA Forum User
I was at a tool store earlier today buying tools for an engine rebuild project for my Mustang this winter and i saw these for $10. Will these fit my 2000 Cherokee? If not, would it be worth it to make them fit?

Do you have a Harbor Freight near you? If not, i'll see if I can pick them up for you and have you pay me for 'em. See, if I didn't like you guys so much, I wouldn't have told you they were only $10. ;)

I can't seem to find just the brackets on the Rusty's web site, will the Mopar brackets work if I can find them in a junkyard?

Camshaft said:
Do you have a Harbor Freight near you? If not, i'll see if I can pick them up for you and have you pay me for 'em. See, if I didn't like you guys so much, I wouldn't have told you they were only $10. ;)

I can't seem to find just the brackets on the Rusty's web site, will the Mopar brackets work if I can find them in a junkyard?

Yes there is a Harbor Freight down the street from me... Im off to Harbor Freight after work... Thanks for the tip... Have a good one.

Hmmm,HF tow hooks,might want to have them magnafluxed,X-ray'ed and tested by NASA before you put your life or someone elses on the line.Are they actually "rated"?

oooooo....careful with anything from Harbor freight. I purchase alot crap from them, but nothing I'll put my life on. Just stand way back when yeah use 'em, ok?

I will say that I have the mopar brackets and they are BEEFY! However, everythign I have seen is that Rusty's are build just as well!!

I would say yes put the clip ones with them, I wish I had teh clips, its nice to know the strap is going to stay in place if you dont have someone there to hold it while you back up to get it tight!

If you dont want to install the clips send them my way!!! :wave:

Haha, I will send you a set if you send me the cash for 'em. I should start a club for us, the NACATHOA: North American Cheap-Ass Tow Hook Owner's Association.

Harbor Freight....:shiver:

will the hooks fit? sure they will. but they're likely to not hold up if you try to use them. the next time you're under your xj, look at the thickness of the metal you want to bolt it to. the xj's unibody is pretty thin and doesn't hold up well to that much load in a small area. the brackets everyone's reccomending will help distribute the load over a larger area. thus giving you a better chance of reducing the likelyhood of something bad happening.

Back