• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caroline Update....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Up till Thursday of last week things were going fairly well for her post Bone Marrow Transplant. Thursday she was passed out on the floor and unable to be awakened by her aunt. Her aunt is the one that has been with her the whole time. They admited her to Emory that day to try and determin what the problem was. On Monday of this week after she was dianoised with phnemonia they moved her into the ICU unit at Emory. That afternoon the put her on a resperator. Currently Caroline has phnemonia and possiable toxicity of her lungs from the chemo drugs. I am heading to Atlanta today and will be there for the next few days. She is in critical condition and the outlook is not good if there is more then the phnemonia to deal with. I just thought some of you would want to know.

Keep us informed. Call me if I can help in anyway. X2 what Fitch said

I got to see her this afternoon. Did not even look like her, I knew it was her, could see her but she was very swallen. The last word is they started her on teroids to try and kick this phnemonia and her blood presure went up.... It has been very low like 90/50or so. Thank you for your prayers we need them and I'm not afraid to ask for them. If i have said one prayer today Ive said 50.

Thanks for the update and know that y'all are being prayed for. While we're on the subject, I'd appreciate it if y'all would mention my wife's mom in your prayers as well. She was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer serveral weeks ago. She just had her 2nd round of chemo. She's really weak and has lost her hair, but otherwise is doing well. Thx

Sorry to hear that Lee and Yes I will add her to my list...

Glenn you know we are all hear for you...

Prayers and I'm here as well if I can do anything.

I will put here on a prayer list at my church. If there is anything any of us can do, just yell.

I rellay think the prayers are helping. I just got back from seeing her and she is a little better. The dr's said there is no medical reason for the improvement but that her lungs are saturating her blood better. Last night she was breathing 100% o2 and today it is down to 80%. And her lungs are still saturating her blood at 100%! She is still Critical but doing better. She could go either way but right now she is going in the recovery direction!

Great news, Have been keeping her in out thoughts.

Also Lee thinking of you Mother in law.

Great news, She's in my thoughts and prayers every day.

OK GREAT NEWS! The boys started school and I been bussy, our septic tank is full at the office and it is burried under the foundation. So that is why I have not been here much lately! Friday Caroline was able to breath on her own for 3 hours, Monday she did it for 6. Today they did one more test and REMOVED THE RESPERATOR! Ghost does a dance!!! SO far so good...

Last edited:
More great news.... Caroline was moved out of ICU last night and is in her own room but still not well in the Hospitol....

Went to see Caroline Saturday and Sunday Morning. Came back this evening, they have put her back into ICU as of about 5:00..... She is having real trouble maintaining her blood gasses specifically o2. She has to wear a mask and not the nasal tubes atm. Her lung capacity realy went down while laid up for 3 weeks. She can move her right arm some and both her legs but that is about it. Please keep her on any prayer list and in your thoughts.

Back