• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheapest place to get RE 3.5 kit

RiverMule

NAXJA Forum User
no one knows...

do your own work - stop copying your neighbor...

research for yourself!

Check out the NXAJA Sponsors. Fullsizexjgear.com is one of them and Richard is a great guy to work with.

Good luck!

Robert

RiverMule said:
What is the cheapest place to order the super-ride or super-flex 3.5 kit. Preforably with shocks. I found this place sellin the super flex with shocks for about the same price as the super ride with shock i was previously planin in buying
http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/235.html can you find any were cheaper for eithe of these kits....
oh and here is the super ride
http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=218
I don't know if you already knew this, but the Super Ride isn't actually a Super Ride. It's a Super Flex with different LCA's and no discos.

I don't know if you were thinking SR would give better ride than a SF, but that's what I thought, then found out that (1) the SR is actually only an AAL option, and (2) if you get the full packs for it, they are SF springs.

So I dunno how they think removing discos and changing LCAs will improve ride quality...

So what I'm trying to say is: go for the SF. You'll probly be happier down the road with the added flex.

Just my $0.02...

ya i kinda figured that, the resson i was going with the sr was just becuase it was alittle cheaper, and im on a tight budget, im only 16 and ive saved up 900$ so far from workin this summer so i figured 450 for lift and 450 for tires.

Starscream918 said:
I don't know if you already knew this, but the Super Ride isn't actually a Super Ride. It's a Super Flex with different LCA's and no discos.

I don't know if you were thinking SR would give better ride than a SF, but that's what I thought, then found out that (1) the SR is actually only an AAL option, and (2) if you get the full packs for it, they are SF springs.

So I dunno how they think removing discos and changing LCAs will improve ride quality...

Just my $0.02...

Im going to point out some things. The super ride IS a super ride, and the super flex IS different than a super ride. The super ride control arms have different bushings in one end(stock rubber ones instead of super flex joints) This is what makes them different. Since they have different parts with the kit, they are different kits. Its not that hard to understand. Yes I agree that he may be happier down the road with a SF kit, but if he is just starting out there is nothing wrong with an AAL and no super flex joints. And by the way, for a nubie, the RE superflex joints would be a HUGE pain in the ass. They are noisy, they DO give a more harsh ride than the stock rubber bushings in the same arms, and they have to be adjusted in order to not wear them out prematurely. The two kits are very different, in fact the only thing the same about them is the amount of lift! You can order full leaf packs with either kit also. So my .02 cents is, maybe you should look into things further before you start giving bad advice out to people. Rivermule, send me a private message and ill tell you where to go for the best deal on RE stuff.

Atl-Atl said:
Im going to point out some things. The super ride IS a super ride, and the super flex IS different than a super ride. The super ride control arms have different bushings in one end(stock rubber ones instead of super flex joints) This is what makes them different. Since they have different parts with the kit, they are different kits. Its not that hard to understand. Yes I agree that he may be happier down the road with a SF kit, but if he is just starting out there is nothing wrong with an AAL and no super flex joints. And by the way, for a nubie, the RE superflex joints would be a HUGE pain in the ass. They are noisy, they DO give a more harsh ride than the stock rubber bushings in the same arms, and they have to be adjusted in order to not wear them out prematurely. The two kits are very different, in fact the only thing the same about them is the amount of lift! You can order full leaf packs with either kit also. So my .02 cents is, maybe you should look into things further before you start giving bad advice out to people. Rivermule, send me a private message and ill tell you where to go for the best deal on RE stuff.

LOL, wow. So far the only thing that you've pointed out is different is the control arm bushings. OK, I certainly agree with that. They do have different LCAs. I think I mentioned that.
StarScream918 said:
It's a Super Flex with different LCA's
Yep, I did.

So when you tell people to look into things more before they give "bad advice," then go look at RE's website, pull up the kit details, and put them side by side... if you actually read up on their site about the two arms, they have the exact same description. Beats me, I've never torn them apart and analyzed, so I'm going on what the company says about their own product.

Here's the difference:

The SF kit has bumpstops...

Yeah, that's 'bout it other than the LCA issues which you and I both have already addressed.

What I was trying to say was that the SR seems to give a better ride, but I don't agree with that because the kit components are the same. That is the point I was trying to make, so if it was missed, here it is.

And by the way, he asked for advice, so I did my best to help him. If I was wrong, then I will be corrected; I'm sure of it.

I'm also sure he can gather his own conclusions, and like I've said before,

Just my $0.02...

RiverMule: for being only 16 and having that much money saved for something like this: great job. I've been there myself. I'm almost 18 and started on my XJ a year ago and haven't looked back since. It's quite a money pit. :laugh3:

Good luck in finding what you need. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Just to make my point. The super flex kit comes with 6 "parts" total, 3 of which are different/non-existant on the super ride kit which only has 5 "parts." Id say having at least 50% different parts would make it a different kit. But whatever, he can decide for himself I guess. If you want a little better flex and a little worse ride(with joints you have to "service"), get the super flex, if you want a little less flex and a little better ride, get the super ride.

couple things, you guys have allready hacked at the LCA issue but I will clarify. the SR kit uses rubber bushings on both ends of the LCA. its a fixed/non adjustable LCA. the SF kit replaces on bushing for a SF joint. Rubber has the ability to absorb shock (duh). the SF joints do not. its a chrome ball in a hard PTFE race that gets some grease. like a big heim joint if you will. what it does offer is something like 30º of misalignment making the front axle flexable.

whether you choose SF or SR kit. you will have the option of either AAL's or full packs. since the SR's focus is not offroad-ability, its handling. so a softer ride. they also do not use sway bar disco's up front, again better handling since flex is not a concern.
keep in mind that you can mix and match kits and components.
ALT ALT pretty much had the first point. but Its late so I am repeating myself...

Dirk at DPGoffroad.com! No bull, best prices, good advice.

RiverMule said:
I am intrested in the lift specificlly for wheeling, ive only had my jeep about a mounth and already gone about 6 times.

then go with the SF kit. The ONLY reason we list the SR kit on our site is because I kept getting emails from people asking if we carried it... otherwise, I don't recommend it. RE should really rename the SR kit SuperStreet, because IMHO that's what's it's for, the street.

Just a note on the prices... the listed price @ Redrock4x4 doesn't include shipping that I can tell, the price on the other site you listed (ours) does.

Also, regarding the "differences" in the kits... the SR kits don't come with swaybar disconnects. Looking at the RE6010 SF vs the RE6020 SR, there's a $100 difference in price going off the prices on our site (it's even less if you look at the kits with full leaf packs). Unless you buy used ones, you can't buy good disconnects for as little as $100. JKS will run you about $126'ish, and RE's gen2's will probably run you over $130 to buy them afterwards. On that fact alone it's a better buy to get the SF kit. Not to mention getting the SF arms, which would run you ~$200 to buy new later on. The SR arms would be relatively worthless if you tried to sell them later on, because well, not many folks want them because they're a non-articulating arm.

So, you can save yourself about $100 now by going with the SR kit, then end up spending $300+ to replace the non-wheeling SuperRide parts later on, or drop the extra $100 now and be good to go.

The SF arms are not noisy, or harsh riding. I've been running the RE 5.5" with SuperFlex uppers and lowers on my XJ for nearly 3 years now, and it's a DD, running 35's. In that time I've only had to tighten the joints once, and I think I spent a whole hour doing it, maybe two.

Everything above was written so that you can hopefully made an educated decision on which kit is the best buy for you, not an attempt to try and get you to buy something from us. If you do order through us, great, but if you order from Dirk @ DPG OffRoad, great too, or if you order from Richard @ FullsizeXJ, great again. I'm friends with those guys and they're great to deal with.

Oh, one last thought, er pic, to leave you with... this is the amount of misalignment the arms have to deal with when you get flexxed up. Now, imagine rubbing bushings having to deal with that...

flex3.jpg

Back