• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 4wd into 2001

Snarky

NAXJA Forum User
Just to let you all know, i did search. The closest thing i found was http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58847&highlight=swap . And i feel as if this is more of a specific question.
I currently have a 93 4.0 4wd auto cherokee, and i have a chance to buy a 2001 4.0 2wd auto cherokee from a friend. My question, is the transfercase and front d30 off my 93 compatible to the 2001? Can i leave the 2001 tranny in and just attach the transfercase to it?

Also, what is the chance that the 2001 will have the 8.25 - 29 spline shaft rear axle instead of the 8.25 - 27 spline, or dana 35c? If it has ABS will it make a difference if it has the 8.25 or the dana 35 rear axle?

ABS will most def. have a D35
If not its a tossup.

Everything should bolt up, just make sure the gear ratios are the same, and you will need a new rear driveshaft.

The output and input shafts may have a different spline count also.

I have heard its not a bad swap

all the 96.5+ model 8.25s are 29 spline.

The 2wds and 4wds use a different tailshaft on the AW4. You can swap out the tailshaft but I understand its pretty involved unless you know what you are doing. Like stated if it has ABS it will be the Dana 35.

Back