• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so. lets get a count. who's goin?

a-mechanic

NAXJA Forum User
i am going with my wife. and look forward to seeing a new place. also is anyone familar with windrock?

I'm goin. I've been there once, but I don't know the place at all. Where ya pay, they give a map if you need one. Oh yeah, there's a $10 fee for those that aren't aware. If it rains, bring your best traction. I can't stress how slick it gets, at least it was the time I went.

Well now......

:oops: MUD!! YUCK!!!! There's nothin' like tryin' to climb a rock with snot-coated tires! YUMMY!! :roll: Anyhoo! I'll be there(with the wife,too),work pemitting.

I'll be there. I will check around with people I know in the area and see if anyone will volunteer to lead us. At the very least I will get a list of the better trails. What kind of wheeling does everyone want to do. Mild, moderate, moderately difficult, difficult, or RattleRock? I'm up for anything up to RattleRock but I'm with the group.

I'm up for somewhere between moderate and difficult. I'm definately not doing RattleRock. I've only seen the last 50ft or so of it and it's a lil more wicked than my little XJ wants to do. Not sure what the rest of the trail looks like, but I can post a pic of it if anyone wants to see. Someone posted an XJ with 40's that was on the section of RattleRock that I have a pic of. Was a blue one.

I cann't make it as of now....

Too many issues to risk a trip that far alone. A leaky exhaust has put her in the shop till I can get it fixed. (Got bad headaches yesterday will driveing around town!) Not a good thing. I am going to try and get her together by 11/9/02 for a trip to Uwharrie with some locals. I have oil on my shop floor this morning. Anyone want to come help me figure out what all needs replaceing? :D

Here are the trails that have been recommended to me by people who know the area: 14, 7, 15, 21. These are all passible by those with open diffs with the exception of 14 which is more difficult. I was told that 14 is doable with a winch though. Everyone I've talked to says if it rains be ready to winch, alot. I want to find Rattle Rock and check it out hopefully catch some big dogs at play so I can get an idea of how extreme it is. If it looks like rain I know a good trail in Royal Blue that is really fun when wet. I may get us lost if we go there though since I haven't been in a year or so.

I'm still planning on going. I'd prefer staying on the moderate trails. I'm still kinda paranoid about breaking since it's a DD.

6", 32" BFG mudders, plenty of skids, open/stock diffs/axles.

Lee

Where and when!?!?!?

I have never heard of windrock, so where is it!?!?! And when is all this happening? :lol:

thanks
Chad

Believe it or not, I may make it. The jeep is ready (well short a spaare tire and a vent line).

My g/f wrecked her car on friday and needs the jeep for a dd so I could run normal trails I think.

Back