• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

studs attaching frame to floor. No Go, Help

KarmirXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My question is, THere are several headless screws on pass and driver side that attach the sheetmetal floor to the frame. How Do I get those out there is no head for me to put on a socket or anything all it is is a threaded bolt. there has to be some way to get these things out.

Drill them out, or grind off the heads and punch out the shanks.

However, they don't "attach" the floor to the frame. It's a unibody, remember? It's all welded together.

Ya guys Im trying to detach the floor from the frame so I can slide in my 8" body lift pucks in between. jeez!:rolleyes: :D

No im not trying to add a body lift. Im trying to separate the floorboard from the frame rale ( looks like the frame but actually its a frame stiffener )

common guys dont you get it?

Where exactly are these studs? The only studs I can think of are for the seats and the transmission crossmember. Seat belt bolts stick through as well.

Floor boards on the XJ must be cut out or you can drill out each spot weld.

XJguy

KarmirXJ said:
I also just found out there are a bunch of spot welds....

originally posted by Eagle
However, they don't "attach" the floor to the frame. It's a unibody, remember? It's all welded together.

yep you guys where right, I just spent over 8 hours, started about 1pm and just finished.

I drilled out all the spot welds (with a fawked up bit) boy, am i tired.

I was mistaken. The studs in fact are for seats that run across the floor crossmember. they have nothing to do with attaching the floor to the frame. I dilled out the studs thinking that should do it and next thing I know I start knowtising little round dents (spot welds) all across the floor :doh: stupid me now I gota figure outa way to make new studs that hold the sit on the floor.

Back