• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hood stuck

XtremeJ

NAXJA Forum User
My hood is stuck closed. The cable is seized and of course I broke the handle off so now I have to pull on the cable itself but still don't have any luck. What's the best way to get the hood open with minimal damage. Last month my friend had the same problem so he has my spare hood and cable!
Thanks.

It isn't as bad as it might seem. The trick is to unscrew both bolts on both of the hood latch catches that mount to the body. If you crawl under and look straight up behind the headlights, you will see a bolt head. A very long extension will handle it easily. The next part is a bit tougher but not much. You need to pull the facia around each of the headlights, then remove the headlight, and finally the headlight bucket. Once you have done that, you can reach throught the hole behind the headlight and reach the other bolt on each side.

Lots of luck.

thanks old man, I wish I posted this before I yanked and broke the handle like a big dummy, now I have two problems.

Back