• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel rail leaking

ylojrzy

NAXJA Forum User
after pulling the fuel rail to remove a heat shield and reinstalling the fuel rail on the injectors... it is leaking fuel ALL over the place. What did I do wrong? Warning, Semi-Newb here. Jeff

sure did reuse the old ones. What o rings are inside the fuel rail? Part number? size? Thanks guys. Don't know which injector (s) were spewing fuel.

These injectors are of a standard form factor, used in everything from Chevys to Fords to Jeeps. When I needed a set of fuel rail O-rings for my Camaro, the auto parts store was able to find them without a problem -- they even came in a nice little kit. See if you can do the same. In the worst case, tell them you have an '86 Camaro with Tuned Port Injection... at least some of them will be the same ;).

Go to a parts store and get the Oring kit, comes with two for each injector(one for the rail side, one for the head side) and orings for the Pressure regulator at the front of the rail. Like $10 if I remember correctly...It was recommended that i lube them a little, so i just used a little oil on the end of my finger and rubbed it on. No leaks at all, I did all new injectors last november or so...

Cory

i know i had my fuel rail off one time after puttin in the new orings ....

and when i put the rail back onto the injectors i didnt seat it well enough ont he injectors....they "looked" like i had them all the way it but when in fact i was about 1/4 inch off....

so i "very firmly" pushed down on the fuel rail and properly seated the injectors in it......no more leakin...

i would suggest going ahead and gettin the oring kit though..i didnt the first time i had the rail off and i did acutally seat the injectors and 2 of em leaked everywhere......not good when its on the exhaust manifold..lol
.its not too much unless you go to the dealer...then i think i paid about 30 bucks for a kit there...RIP OFF!..but then autozone got em to me for i think 13 bucks....comes with all the orings.....

like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7985864973&category=33553&sspagename=WDVW

csr_011 said:
It was recommended that i lube them a little, so i just used a little oil on the end of my finger and rubbed it on.

Cory

Not to mention that it's a real pain puttin them in with no lube. Trying to put those in with no lube might cause them to break.

Back