• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weatherstrip Part numbers

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Did a search and someone at one point mentioned seeing a thread with all the door and tailgate weatherstrip as well as window channel seals. Has anyone seen this thread? If not, does anyone have all those part numbers handy?

Is there truth to the rumor that the late-model weather strip for the doors is superior to the older junk?

CRASH

Hey Crash, have the later door seals on mine (from JC Whitney) Works great on front doors, need to be firm on the rear doors to close all the way, but no air leaks or rain. The rest I ordered from dealership, could not find aftermarket. Have reciepts with numbers but they just call them weatherstrip or glass run ect. Cost about $250.00 to do my 1989 four door.

Oldmanxj said:
Hey Crash, have the later door seals on mine (from JC Whitney) Works great on front doors, need to be firm on the rear doors to close all the way, but no air leaks or rain. The rest I ordered from dealership, could not find aftermarket. Have reciepts with numbers but they just call them weatherstrip or glass run ect. Cost about $250.00 to do my 1989 four door.

I thought you may have told me that, but couldn't find your old PM. What year model constitutes the "late model" seals? 97+?

Good lord, $250 for seals is gonna kill me!

Where did you get the tailgate seal?

CRASH

Did not need to replace rear seal, works fine. Now the sunroof seal was close to $75.00 But no more leaks.

Back