• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil bind?

mack

NAXJA Forum User
i did a search and didn't find much, my driver side coil is binding and hitting the RE trackbar mount when it's fully compressed, i'm not sure how to fix this, the setup is RE 4.5" zj springs with ASCO spacers, upper and lower adjustable control arms, RE HD trackbar and frame mount.
any help would be great, the sound is really getting annoying :mad:
thanks.

yeah, i looked at that already, could it be the axle is not centered all the way, but i think it's close.

bumpstops..........

Thats what they do if you don't have bumpstops.

i do have 4" bumpstops, it hit's the mount before the bumpstop.how's the axle swap coming?
ipkyss said:
Thats what they do if you don't have bumpstops.

Last edited:
Slow... still don't know what i am swaping. And i have always had my springs rub on the track bar mount. Justnever bothered me... Hows the rear end doing for you?

the rear works great! went right in, and has already takin a beating.
ipkyss said:
Slow... still don't know what i am swaping. And i have always had my springs rub on the track bar mount. Justnever bothered me... Hows the rear end doing for you?

coil bind, by definition is when one or more of your coils is bottoming out on an adjacent coil. The coils are collapsing and cannot compress any further. In your case, the coil is rubbing on an adjacent part. Doesn't sound like coil bind. Check your castor setting.

Back