• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DW...sort of...

cwlongshot

NAXJA Forum User
I know DW has been beat to death, but I have not seen this problem I am seeing. I personally have had it twice before on different vehicles and been able to diagions and repair it. I hope someone can "steer me straight" Pun intended!!!

Here is some back ground info first:
I bought my MJ a couple months back from a guy who experienced DW for the first time and freaked out!!! I looked at it and imeadeatly found a shot track bar. We struck a deal and I took my first MJ home!
I put in a new Track bar and I swapped out the lower control arms and the pass side upper as the bushings did not look too good either. I couldn't get the drivers side upper CA out and I haven't done the axle bushings on the D30 as yet. The allignment was out (It pulled to one side) and the TARS where shot. I put on new tars, 30" BFG AT's. I also put in 3" rustys coils to better fit the new/tars. (Rear lift to come next) I checked the ball joints, drag link and tie rod joints and unit bearings, but with 60,000 orig miles, did not expect any problems and I found none. The steering box had a bit of play which I adjusted out.

I got an allignment after the coil install and found they front shocks where shot as well. I installed a set of monroe cense a tracks with upper ententions for the lift. (This is only a DD for me, my TJ is my trail rig. I know the top shock extensions are not optimal and I have a set of Detours front lower shock extensions on order.)

Here is my problem:
When getting off the freeway, if I get on the brakes hard, I can feel DW beginning. If remove my foot from the brake and it goes away. If I stand on the brakes (Just shy of skidding) it will stop DW and the vehicle ;). If I shift into neutral before hitting the brakes, it will also not do DW.
One other thing, I also previously found a siezed DSide front caliper. So I did a complete front brake job, discs, hoses, calipers and pads. But I do not feel the pulsing in the pedal as if it where the rotors. For that matter its is not shaking the wheel a hole lot either, rather the whole front end.(As I said, The rotors are new anyway.)

I am stumped, All I can think of is it is a combonation of the upper bushings and a ball joint is going but the dont show upon inspection.....

Any help would be GREATLY apprecaited!!!

Thank you!!

CW

Last edited:
Back