• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vents coughing dust

marcusguy

NAXJA Forum User
Maybe a few to many trips to the desert caused the problem... I don't really know. When I turn on my vent or A/C though, it smells very dusty, and a big cloud of dusty blows out at first. The problem seems worse with A/C on... perhaps because I don't use it as much.

Any ideas on the problem or the fix?

Thanks
marcus

99 2dr

You can start by giving it a bj...

Turn the car on (so you can vacuume) and turn the AC/Vents OFF, that will make the vent go to the recirculate position. Find the interior air intake and give it some blasts with air. You might spray some soft of air freshner in there too if you want...

Also, you might spray out the front vents (under windshield) as well..just for kicks...

Sequoia

Had a similar problem one time, had a really bad case of jock itch so I used some of that fine tinactin powder, as I was standing in line at Wawa getting ready to pay for my coffee when my flatulance betrayed me and I blew out a good sized cloud :D , first time one of my farts ever made poeple sneeze before. Did give everyone a good laugh though :)
As for your problem, look in the vents infront of the windshield, if you see any sand in there vac it out, for the interior use G's suggestion. Other wise you will just have to live with it till it is all out.

Rich,Just about sprayed my tea all over when I read your reply----
Wayne

Back