• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep dying

hulk

NAXJA Forum User
please help guys. i hit a bump and the motor dies.not the electical parts. it will not start unless i disconnect and reconnect the the cps. but i have already replaced it 8 times once by the dealer. then they said i needed a new computer, so i got one that didnt help then new connectors -fuel pump-and all new distributor&cap&rotor&wires so i still have this problem. what have i done to deserve this demon in my toy. i will do any and all suggestions to solve this problem. thank you in advance.

Welcome to the club!

Do some reading on the other 1000 posts on this question.

If I find the demon on my contact cleaner/dielectric grease attack tomorrow i will be sure to report!!

Im thinking about splicing a couple of the problem connectors out of the loop, the CPS connector included.

Cory

Had close to same problem. When turing right check engine light would come on and the jeep died on the spot. Comes to find out that a wire that connects to the computer, had been rubed raw and was touching the motor. Check all of your wiring harness and groups of wires.

I had the same problem, fixed second try(after the fuel pump). I took it to the dealer, explained in detail the problem and symtoms and had them do a full diagnostic(about 180 % canadian) and they found it was the cps.
my 94 4.0 auto trans would cut out as if someone pulled the key out of the ignition but all other systems worked fine. Mine didn't only do it over bumps though it did get a lot worse after driving down a washboard road.
By the way the deal will refund all your money spent there if the work they do does not fix the problem.

hey guys thanks for the suggestions, i am definately, going to check everything mentioned. and lostinthewoods, i am going to try to get my money back. but as you guys know i would rather have the problem fixed.

There is a common problem with connector C101. You don't say what year, shame on you.

This is the connector above the brake booster.

Back