• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Temp Send unit broke off in block

mikebean

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got a real instrument cluster for my base 94 4.0 XJ. I replaced the oil pressure sending unit OK. While removing the Temp sending unit (for a gauge) the thing broke off, even with the top of the block. I'm leaving in the morning to drive across Texas. I was trying to finish it today before the trip. Motor runs OK and doesn't leak. yet. Is there an easy way to get the old guts out? Thanking you in advance, Mike

I did the same thing and i just went and got an easy out and it came right out. Although I have now broken three of them.....

hudsxj said:
I did the same thing and i just went and got an easy out and it came right out. Although I have now broken three of them.....
Three ??? easy outs or senders ?

mikebean said:
I tried the torx bits without success...............Mike

Real easy-outs are about the only thing that will grab 'em right. Hit the area with a propane torch too and that should loosen the threads a bit. Don't get the area red HOT but a little heat can do wonders with stuck components.

Back