• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air locker setup??

bboy3002

NAXJA Forum User
I just got some ARB's installed in my front and rear, and I've got a Viair 350C compressor to hook it up and use for filling my 31" (soon to be 32") tires. Do I have to use an air tank for this or can I run the air lines straight to the differentials and run the compressor to engage the ARB's as well as fill my tires? With the quick disconnect at the compressor, it will be hooked up to the lockers most of the time then I can just hook up the hose from the pump to refill tires and such. Also, is mounting it under the rear seat a bad idea?

You really need to run a tank. I guess you could run them directly off the compressor, but you'd have to have a pressure switch in the line so you don't blow out the ARB seals, and you wouldn't have a good way to work the lockers independent from eachother.

I've got my ARB compressor under my backseat, works great. I have no idea how the Viair 350 compares size-wise though.

DSC01461.jpg

The Viair fits under the seat just fine. I guess I'll be getting a tank. I found a 2.5 gallon one for $56. Good deal? So now running the lockers from the air tank, will i need another pressure switch or some kind of regulator to make sure air from the tank doesn't blow the ARB's? The switch i have is on at 110 off at 150. Seems to me that would fill the tank up real quickly, then I'd have a regulator on the tank to control the air coming out of it going into the ARBs? Also, I was thinking of using air straight from the compressor to air up the tires... just hook a hose straight to the compressor. Thanks for the reply.

ARB's run on 90psi, so the pressure switch you've got is probably too high for that. We've got the ARB compressors in both our Jeeps, so I'm not going to be of much help on running ARB's off a seperate OBA/tank setup.

Just get a pressure regulator and air filter, that should be fine for running the ARB and then you dont need to get diffrent switches, etc.

These are just off the shelf stuff I got at Home Depot in the air tools area. Got the filter just to be sure no crud or moisture gets to the regulator and more importantly the ARB.

Sorry for the crummy pic, but this is whats in my rig:
343%3C382323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D46%3C%3D934%3DXROQDF%3E23238%3B%3A786279ot1lsi

Back