• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 MJ kit on a '00 XJ?

KaHOnas

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a '00 XJ 4.0 4x4 auto. A friend of mine (Big Red Comanche) has a lift on his '88 4.0 4x2 5-spd MJ that he wants to replace. I was wondering if it would fit my XJ or would it require come modification?

David

The front suspension parts will swap in with no problem.

As noted, the MJ is spring under, the XJ is spring over. Plus, the MJ rear springs are 5" longer than XJ springs. If his lift is an AAL, you can probably use it in the XJ and it'll provide more lift than it does in an MJ. If it's complete spring packs -- they won't fit the XJ. The comment about the rear shocks is also correct -- they won't work. Upper mount on the XJ is bar pins, on the MJ it's an eye and bushing, the same as the bottom end. I took a set of stock XJ shocks and removed the bar pins, thinking I could use them in an MJ. They were an inch too short to even bolt up. (Both vehicles were stock.)

Back