• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender flair cutting

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I search already and i cant see any good pics of anyone cutting there stock fenders/flairs to be level with the door trim. I Remember someone doing this before but i cant find the thread. Does anyone got pics?

newlift02.jpg

csprings04.jpg

csprings09.jpg

newlift06.jpg

i really liked the way those flares looked. I'm putting on a 4.5" RE lift at the end of the summer on my 99 cherokee, and i wanna run 32"s, so i guess i'll be cutting a bit. Has anyone pulled off their black (or body colored) door guards like he did down the sides of the jeep? I've thought about doing it, cus mine are starting to be a little loose, and it looks like all that holds them on is adhesive anyways. any thoughts on this?

i have a picture of a pre-97 xj that has cut fenders that retained the stock flares, just like the other one on here. However, im new to this and dont know how to post pictures and i tried to search for it on FAQ, but taht wasnt any help.

NCCherokee said:
i really liked the way those flares looked. I'm putting on a 4.5" RE lift at the end of the summer on my 99 cherokee, and i wanna run 32"s, so i guess i'll be cutting a bit. Has anyone pulled off their black (or body colored) door guards like he did down the sides of the jeep? I've thought about doing it, cus mine are starting to be a little loose, and it looks like all that holds them on is adhesive anyways. any thoughts on this?
I've pulled the molding off mine as well.
IMG_1456Medium.jpg

It's just 3M double sided tape. Go get yourself some 3M adhesive remover and pull the molding off and use the remover to get the rest of the tape off. It may take some scraping with a plastic puddy knife but a rag works most of the time. Just be sure to give the adhesive remover some time to penetrate the tape (just like PB blaster).

Timmay said:
I've pulled the molding off mine as well.
IMG_1456Medium.jpg

It's just 3M double sided tape. Go get yourself some 3M adhesive remover and pull the molding off and use the remover to get the rest of the tape off. It may take some scraping with a plastic puddy knife but a rag works most of the time. Just be sure to give the adhesive remover some time to penetrate the tape (just like PB blaster).

I'd be careful, I have an 89 Cherokee, and it has moulding at the bottom of the doors, you know, that rubber-plastic ridged moulding on Laredo Cherokees. Well anyway, the adhesive thats on there got tired of sticking after 16 years and so I pulled the moulding off. I put it back on about a month later and it's a half inch smaller! You can't tell unless you run over to the other side to compare, but still, it's weird.

That's nuts! I didn't plan on putting mine back on so it doesnt matter. It's the real plastic stuff on the late model XJs though, none of that rubberized junk.

Back