• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay bumpers

The tie in brackets on the 3rd one are VERY important. I would look into whether the others have them or not before bidding.

I wouldn't touch the first two.
The third has great mounting brackets.
I would go with the third one.

theschwarz1 said:
the tie in brackets I geuss are similar to tow hook brackets? they go along the "frame" back about a foot or so? Thats what the picture looke like to me...thanks for your guys' input...so quick too!

Yup. The few little bolts that just hold on the stock bumper in front are not sifficient for recovery purposes, hence the frame reinforcing lengthwise brackets.

theschwarz1 said:
im really liking the fouorth one....whats wrong with the first one (besides no tie in brackets...)?

The first one only uses 2 holes per side, the stock bumper uses 3. The tow hook brackets extend back into a fourth reinforced hole, and many frame stiffeners incorporate the steering box bolts. I would say that is the weakest mount design of them all.

The fourth one has you add all the goodies like the hoop and D-ring mounts... the auction is for a basic bumper. I believe Nate's 4x4 does use extension brackets though.

is it realtively easy to change out fron fenders? I am gonne get one from a junk yard and want to know how much time it might take to get one off.....just curious....i am taking back the rear quarter glass that I got and giving him $5 more and taking out two tinted rear quarter glass, it was so easy to do!

dude just forget it, I am a friggin idiot! :dunce: I thought youd figured that out by now with all the stupid posts I have done over the past two years!
I was reading some of ecksjay's stuff......dats all...My bad!

THANK YOU LAWN CHER'!

You're welcome. Tell Ramsey I gave you helpful advice, he doubts my expertise.

Lawn Cher' said:
You're welcome. Tell Ramsey I gave you helpful advice, he doubts my expertise.
its not so much that i doubt it, just that it is non existant :D

Ramsey said:
its not so much that i doubt it, just that it is non existant :D

Oh well, you got me. I guess I can stop web wheeling now.

theschwarz1- if you want a steel bumper why don't you try the local offroad shop a call. give Eric a call at EMS offroad they are located near harrisburg. I have seen some of his TJ bumpers and they look good. If you are in no hurry and venture down to the PA jeep show. Stop by and talk to Mike Bosley from Appalachian Offroad Inc. He makes awsome bumpers.

My brother has the fourth one on his '01. He really likes it and it and looks great. He doesn't wheel however so I couldn't testify for hitting trees or anything. Although he does hit trash cans and those cones on the freeway at 55 a lot. The guy took a while on shipping but it ended up coming shipped just wrapped steel. Anywho just my throw in there.
Collin

Back