• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S10 leaf pack questions?

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a set of s10 leafs with lots of arch ( 11 inch from the ground to the overload spring). I cant wait to install them :) I got a few q's before i dig in. 1) i already have a 2 inch bds add a leaf in my back should i put it on the s10 pack or leave it out? 2) Should i keep the over load leaf in or leave it out?

Any other suggestions from anyone who has done this?

Really depends on how much lift you are looking to get? I bought a new set of S-10 leafs to do my rear packs and only used the longest leaves and left out the fat over load and the next bigger one. Also reused a couple of my xj leaves and got a good 5+" of lift. Rides firm, no need for the helper even if i tow (doesn't squat hardly at all towing a heavy boat). Grease em up good and try to reuse any spring pads. Good luck with it!

I cut the eyes of the s-10 main leaf, used the main and the next long leaf. I paired them with the xj leafs as XJ,S-10,XJ,S-10, XJ,XJ (if i recall correctly.. i think the xj had 3 leafs).. I origannaly installed the overload spring, it gave an extra 1/2 inch or so, but increased the stiffness.. w/o the overload, it sits just under 5", w/ 4.5" RE springs up front the rear is now 1/2-1/4 inch lower than the front.. when i swap the D35 for an 8 1/4 it will make up for this and sit level... if nothing else MJ shackle will take care of it..

When you do this, save yourself some effort and leave the spring pack on the XJ... if its older... I spent 2 days messing w/ the rusted bolts and broken frame nuts... When done, it will be stiff.. but cheap.. also make sure you get some spring clamps...so they dont fan on ya...

i have heard that the ZR2 springs are bolt on.. but I had to cut my s-10 leafs twice when i cut the eyes off. The front of the spring seems alot longer than the xj ones.. mine are set up so that the end of the main leaf is just about centered on the xj eye..

Back