• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein 6100s score for only $20 but 6in travel

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
So i score some 6100s for $20, couldnt pass it up ya know cause im waiting to get some 7100s or 5150s if im persuaded 7100s arnt much better. but anyways, ya these suckers are only 18.5" extended and 12.5 inches collasped and i want to know if theres any thing i could possibly use em for, any ideas? i wouldnt want to let a set of bilsteins go to waste and if i cant use em then ill ebay em!. By the way this is on 5" front/4" rear lift. thanks guys.

Last edited:
xXJx said:
So i score some 6100s for $20, couldnt pass it up ya know cause im waiting to get some 7100s or 5150s if im persuaded 7100s arnt much better. but anyways, ya these suckers are only 18.5" extended and 12.5 inches collasped and i want to know if theres any thing i could possibly use em for, any ideas? i wouldnt want to let a set of bilsteins go to waste and if i cant use em then ill ebay em!. By the way this is on 5" front/4" rear lift. thanks guys.

6" of travel that's kind of little..... unless you have a vehicle that you can use them on, I'd suggest passing it on and making some money on them.

i'll give you 22$

Kejtar said:
6" of travel that's kind of little..... unless you have a vehicle that you can use them on, I'd suggest passing it on and making some money on them.

damn, thats what i figured, i was just hoping someone would be like oh ya you can use tiny shocks here or something. oh well, time to make a sale on ebay!

damn was hoping to get some blinging shocks for my fourwheeler :D

Ramsey said:
damn was hoping to get some blinging shocks for my fourwheeler :D

you know how we do it in the ghetto! hell ya ill run six inch travel shocks cause theyre shiny on my 5 inch lift!

you could use them in the rear with steep angles on them. the steep angles would allow far more travel out of a short shock, but make the damping less effective, so you could revalve them with a higher rate or use 2 per side to compensate for that. Or you could build some sort of swingarm setup like monster trucks and some desert trucks use, again you would probably have to revalve them stiffer or double them up.

that said, you should probably just ebay them and get some 5125s

Mount them to the control arms.

ArcticXJ said:
Mount them to the control arms.

duh! man i forgot all about that! does anyone else have shock mounted to the control arms? ive seen desrt racers do it but not an an xj.

BIGoffroadXJ said:
if you do just make sure you have enough up travel when you flex, it would suck to stuff them.

now if i throw these on my control arms is there going to be a dramitc difference or will it be more of a subtle thing?

no idea, but just think of how much it would suck if this happened...

retard.bmp

ya i think some vw offroad guy would shite a brick if he saw me wasting these, i think i will just ebay them.

Back