• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM motor mounts suck…

Bronco

NAXJA Forum User
So stock motor mounts suck…

Who’s got the best aftermarket replacements? RawBrown? MORE? Someone ells?

I’m tired of the clunk and its time to fix it right. I don’t expect a Cadillac ride but I also don’t want passengers to wonder if the something is wrong, or my grandma to wonder if her teeth will fall out.

I’d like to hear from those of you who are actually using, or have used these products.

[font=&quot]Thanks[/font]

I have the M.O.R.E. jm600 mounts. I love them. They use rubber control arm bushings so they don't transmit as much vibration as poly. I got tired of breaking the oem mounts. They wouldn't last long with my stroker, so I decided to give these a try. So far so GOOD!

K

im using modified stock ones on my 93 4.o ill try and post a pic but heres the gist of what i did.....

1 took out old broken stock mounts
2 removed all old rubber
3 replaced rubber with cut down controll arm bushings
4 re installed mounts

I did this cuz i was bored and didnt have a way to the local parts store but had the bushings from replacing them a few weeks earlier. they have worked flawlessly for about 10,000 miles now where i was tearing up stock ones every few months or so.

yeah, they suck. mine new ones lasted less than a year of 90% street 10% trail. I made some new ones out of poly, and the vibes aren't that big of a deal to me at idle, and invisible above 1000rpm.

from what i've read here over and over, I would go with the RawBrown mounts if you don't want to build your own.

Bronco said:

what do you mean they suck?

DSC00811.JPG

;)

i get some vibes with the MORE mounts...but it's not too bad.....hopefully it will get better as they break in a little more

am I allowed to speak up here?

Thanks for all the input.

Where are the guys running RawBrowns mounts?

I according to his web page and he has modified his deign a bit (to accommodate production?). I emailed him and he dose have them in stock now though his price has gone up a bit. I was hopin to hear from some folks who have at least run his old ones.

ECKSJAY said:
Unfortunately no, :)
Hay I started the thread and I think it would be fine for Ray (or Raw?) to give us his clearly slightly biased but no doubt informative view on the mater at hand. And frankly his web sight seems like it could use an update. (hint hint) How bout some pics of the new mounts.

Bronco said:
Hay I started the thread and I think it would be fine for Ray (or Raw?) to give us his clearly slightly biased but no doubt informative view on the mater at hand.
It's a rule thing, not my opinion. ;)

ECKSJAY said:
It's a rule thing, not my opinion. ;)
Well I figured I better freshen up on the rules, and you are correct that they seem to discourage it but the last line dose read

· Participants may only discuss details about their company and/or product offerings when the thread starter or poster has made direct reference to their company and (a) stated something untrue or misleading, or (b) stated something that clearly needs clarifying, or (c) specifically asked for information about the product or company. The response must be in direct reference to the point discussed only and shall contain no added promotional information and/or fluff.

So it seems like it's cool.

I've got a pair of Rusty's rubber motor mounts (based on the lca bushing concept) ready to go in when my stroker arrives. They look very tough imho.

I can post a pic tonight if you want to see them.

tetsulo

Stock motor mounts suck huh? That's news to me. I have one that has 195,000 miles on it and it's fine, the other one lasted 160,000 before it failed while I was racing CRASH off the Pritchett canyon access road a couple years ago.
I replaced that one with a cheapo Autozone replacement and that lasted only 1000 miles so I replaced that one with an OEM unit.
YMMV and
YAAABOR

Yeah, they're really crap. My originals only lasted 150,000 miles or so. Can't understand why they didn't go to at least 300,000 ...

Bronco said:

Who’s got the best aftermarket replacements? RawBrown? MORE? Someone ells?

I’m tired of the clunk and its time to fix it right. I don’t expect a Cadillac ride but I also don’t want passengers to wonder if the something is wrong, or my grandma to wonder if her teeth will fall out.

I’d like to hear from those of you who are actually using, or have used these products.

[font=&quot]Thanks[/font]

As it's been pointed out, there's a big difference between Mopar parts and Autozone. My OEM's lasted about 100k and still looked ok. Autozone replacements were torn to shreds within 10k miles, only to be replaced with the originals.
I'm running the newer style(prototype) Rawbrown mounts now. Still evaluating them.

Ronbo said:
I'm running the newer style(prototype) Rawbrown mounts now. Still evaluating them.

How noticeable is the vibration compared to your OEMs

Bronco said:
How noticeable is the vibration compared to your OEMs
Not a big difference at all. Most noticeable change is feeling the starter crank over.

Back